Sunday, December 11, 2011

Sunday

Today's Peak: Playing with my girls at a play land here in a city near us. They have a big warehouse building and they filled the big room with bounce-house style toys. Slides and obstacle courses, all those blow-up style things you see at carnivals and stuff nowadays. I went on every one of them except the 'fighting' ones, where you pick up a jousting stick or huge boxing gloves. I don't care for those and the girls didn't either so we just didn't go on them. Some of those things are tall! And fast! One of them had to have been over a story tall. My stomach jumped every time. Fun stuff! The girls thought it was great when I said I'd go on them with them.

Today's Pit: S was being daring and pushing herself off a bit as she hit the bottom of all the slides. Well, it finally came back to bite her at the very end. She flipped too far and rug-burned the side of her right eye and gave herself a bloody nose. A bad part of it was that I was in the bathroom with C at the time and missed the whole thing. Great.

Today's Prayer: For this Christmas to be a season of repentance for me, that I may get back on the path God has for me rather than going my way and getting 'stuck' in disobedience. That I may truly meet and love Christ in this Christmas season.

Today's Praise: For understanding and flexible family members, as the girls and I had to leave lunch at my in-laws to go to the birthday party. For fun holiday traditions coming up. For plenty that we can feed those who need it in this season and beyond.

No comments: