Sunday, December 4, 2011

It Starts...

Our first major Christmas stuff started today. We started the day at 9:30 with Sunday school and church. We went straight from there to a city about 25 minutes away to have a Christmas party with my very extended family (Like, MY great-grandparents' kids and their kids and so on. My great grandparents have passed, but it's pretty cool that their kids get together yet).

From there we got home just in time to change clothes and quick head to church. S had to be there 1 hour and 15 minutes early! Thankfully their Sunday school teachers kept them all busy before the service and I didn't have to think of things for them to do.


C and A and the Fireflies doing their songs. 

I didn't get many pictures, just this and one of their class leaving the stage. I got most of it on video. The kids were adorable up there, of course. I love being a part of all that. I love Christmas time.

Today's Peak: Two. Being with extended family and watching the little kids doing their thing on stage. The Pre-K group was adorable, too! And funny. Of course my kid was the one stealing the show. C got too warm during their last song and decided she needed to take off her sweater, which had buttons. So she's up there unbuttoning and then taking off and putting on her sweater! We were all shaking in our seats from laughing so hard at her.

Today's Pit: Stressing a bit about getting to church on time. We had plenty of time but I have a hard time relaxing when we're even one minute late.

Today's Prayer: That I may be more like Joseph. Our sermon this morning was on just how much Joseph really did give up by tying his life to the ruined reputation of Mary and her baby. Amazing. Would I be willing to take that most important thing in MY life and give it all up for God's sake? Challenging.

Today's Praise: The people in our life. We have truly amazing family and friends, and our church family is outstanding.

No comments: