Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Oh, joy.

You know how all women know just how to push each others' buttons and cut right to the heart  with their insults? And you know that blissful part of childhood when little girls don't know how to do that yet? Yeah, my kids are growing out of that.

They've figured out that they can underhanded-compliment, and leave their sister bewildered. They've found out that just plain insults can be more effective than a slugging ever was. I realize now that I wasn't looking forward to this stage, though I never really thought about it specifically. It's a tricky road to navigate. I pray we come out of it relatively unscathed.




Today's Peak: Today was wonderful. I don't think I can pick a peak. I found this little guy:


at my local Barnes and Noble. I love him! He's so cute he makes me smile every time I see him. Then, I completed this project for the first time:


That is an old t-shirt stretched over a canvas-stretcher frame (that's what they're called, canvas-stretcher strips). I have frames to make more for Christmas gifts for my girls. I have to find a suitable shirt for A and then I can complete them tonight I hope. Plus, I got a TON of Christmas shopping and wrapping done today. Today was it's own peak.

Today's Pit: I didn't have a lot of bad stuff happen today. I didn't recognize the little guy I babysit when he came out of his classroom when I picked him up today. Whoops. In my defense, he had on a new coat and a hat pulled way down. *Sheepish grin*

Today's Prayer: The mom of a friend of mine is battling cancer right now and they're having a bit of trouble with her insurance company. Another friend's son is reacting to some medicine he's on, and the reactions he's having are in the 'rare/deadly' range. Sanity and peace and repentance during the holidays, that we might be ready to meet the Messiah.

Today's Praise: Thank the Lord for days like this. For days when I feel like I'm taking good care of my family. For days when my patience abounds and so much gets done. Praise God that these types of days exist.


No comments: