Today I want to try something new. I don't know if I'll worry about having these specific things written down every day, but I sure do like the idea. To write down today's peak, the highest point of the day. Today's pit, the lowest point, not to complain but to work through it and learn from it. The prayers that may have arisen today or are lingering. And today's praises, the things I'm grateful for specifically from this day.
Today's Peak: I went with A's class to a local Nature Center and even learned something new! There exists a coniferous tree that loses its needles in the fall and grows them back in the spring. It's called a Tamarack. I had never heard of such a thing!
Today's Pit: I finally succumbed to the cold that has been chasing me for a couple weeks. I felt so crummy that Kevin jumped in and took care of dinner for me. I managed to get laundry and ironing in during my race against time but took two naps after I was done babysitting and my throat still hurts. Bleah.
Today's Prayers: For patience. I've been short tempered of late. Maybe I'm sick, but I long to no longer hide behind excuses and be much more pleasant to be around.
Today's Praise: For my husband who loves me so. That God's grace is new every morning. Even more blessedly, every minute. That my kids are eager learners and good listeners. I praise God for good times as an extended family, and giggles and screams as I went down water slides with my girls this weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment