Tuesday, November 15, 2011

It's the Little Things

It's in the little things. Thinking on the little things is when fights start or hearts warm. In our marriage I notice that if I let myself get going on the little things that bug me, I get quickly into a very sour mood and spend the day grumping at my husband and everyone else. But if I think on the positive little things, the things that drew me to my husband, that caused me to fall in love with him in the first place, my day feels so much better, I am much sunnier toward my husband and even my kids. So maybe the little things aren't so little after all.

Some 'little' things

The way he makes sure to hug or kiss me almost every time we pass each other.

When he kisses my hand after we pray together.

The way we enjoy the quiet together after the kids are in bed.

The fact that we enjoy most of the same shows.

Him knowing my favorite flower and buying it for me when he can.

The fact that he jumps in and does dishes when the day is beating me down.

The way he looks at me over his glasses.

His artistic hobbies: woodworking, painting, knots/braiding.

His laugh.

His lop-sided grin.

The way he twitches his nose when he's concentrating.

How good I feel when we're together.

Us having a 'usual' at our favorite restaurant.

That ring on the 3rd finger of his left hand.

The ring he got me for the 3rd finger of mine.

Sharing funny or poignant things from websites as we unwind together.


So many things. I'm so thankful for my husband. 

No comments: