Friday, November 18, 2011

A Day

Today was a day. I was BUSY. And I actually found myself enjoying it! I think I thrive on the times when it's really hectic. Call me crazy but when I used to work in the flower store and then the card store, my favorite times were Christmas and Valentine's when it was so busy in the stores you could hardly move. I love when stuff is buzzing and people are talking over each other and there are crises to solve. Probably has a lot to do with growing up in my mom's side of the family!

Anyway, I started the day in C's room, which promptly put me in a good mood because there were three adults there to help 26 kids get turkey hats made for their Thanksgiving celebration within 20 minutes. We did it!

Then I got to go shopping with my mom. I had money from the girls' Great-Grandma to do her shopping for them for Christmas, and a bit of money to get myself some jeans. I went looking for jeans that had pockets that would flippin' fit a phone inside of them, for crying out loud! I finally found a pair that not only had that but are long enough to shrink a bit in the wash if they have to, they are an excellent shade of blue, and they look good. Bonus again.

Then off to A's class where I stapled ("you're stapling again?!" A asked me incredulously. Get used to it, kid. That's why I'm here.), and sorted report cards, sharpened pencils, and made copies. I also got to see the Turkey Bowl, a team of kids against the teachers, which the whole school troops out to watch. So I got to see S, too. Teachers won, 16 touchdowns to 14, in case you were wondering. It's a bit of a truncated version of football, hence the funny score.

We finished up there and when we got home the girls enthusiastically unpacked everything from their backpacks so they can use them for our road trip to Great Wolf Lodge in less than a week, while I made lasagna.

Supper (with a welcome glass of wine), dishes, reading with A, then some reading of my own (I'm on my 3rd time through the Harry Potter series), and finally writing, after an initial misfire when my computer posted just the title of my post for some reason. So apologies for the empty post a few minutes ago.

That's a day. I love 'em that full. I'm thankful to be able to do that kind of thing for my kids and with my mom. Today was a GREAT day!

No comments: