So it's NaNoWriMo. And while I'm definitely no novel writer at this stage in my life, I've always admired those who do and I've LOVED the idea of NaNoWriMo ever since I first heard about it.
I was reading a blog post the other day about the benefits of writing, even if you're not writing a novel. It can open up other creativity, allow you to get your thoughts on 'paper' so to speak (I plan on writing on here and in my paper journal), and just be an all-around stress reliever. I've noticed that in the past it helps me clear my head to write things down. Also, if I have something important to say to someone I'd much rather write it out, as my thoughts are more coherent that way. Maybe I also like that I can't be interrupted when the person has to read through an entire page before they get to respond! :) I don't do that that often (nor do I have conflicts that require if with any frequency), so if you're friends with me don't fret. I won't start writing letters for every little misunderstanding I ever run into.
Heh, the rambling of this post could betray me as not all that coherent in the written word after all.
Anyway, all that to say that I love the idea of disciplining myself to write for a month. Maybe it'll lead to a habit of writing and thus less stress from keeping things bottled up inside. I've even added it as a to-do item on my daily list. I'm 2 for 3 so far as I already skipped yesterday! But with grace for myself on those days I think I can do this cheerfully, without it seeming like a chore.
No comments:
Post a Comment