My scans were clear. The doctor asked me how I was feeling after she told me they looked good and I was like, 'I feel good, now!' I was so very nervous going in. I wonder if that ever goes away? I don't think so. I've heard that former cancer patients feel like every ache or odd thing their body does, they think it's their cancer coming back. Boy do I experience that. Especially right before scans and between having them and getting their results.
I figured out last night why exactly it was so tense for me. My radiation treatments finished a little more than 2 1/2 months ago. The last time I had scans 2 1/2 years after my treatments ended they told me it was back. I was so incredibly relieved yesterday.
It's interesting to actually take those scan results home and read them myself. The chemo and radiation had quite an effect on my insides. There is scarring in the center of my chest where the chemo killed the fast growing cancer, and then where the radiation killed everything in there they shot it at. There's a place in my left lung that is scarred from radiation. Maybe that explains why no matter how far I can run I still get winded walking up staircases... The bone marrow inside the bones in the center of my chest is diminished due to radiation.
As good as I feel there's such an effect in there! Crazy. And I do. I feel so good. I'm so glad those scans confirmed that. So very glad. Praise God.
No comments:
Post a Comment