Thursday, November 10, 2011

Settling In

So I finally have a routine. Mondays are a free day, I've been lagging in the housework department but I hope I'll get my rear in gear soon. C has her dance class in the afternoon and my mom gets the other two off the bus. It makes for a rushed afternoon as I get home to their homework and have to make dinner, but it's better than having two dance classes on Saturday, that's for sure!

Tuesdays I babysit in the afternoons and that is a laundry day. For some reason doing laundry really motivates me to do other things so Tuesdays usually end up being really accomplished. Tuesdays have ended up being either really relaxed in the evening or really rushed. Having the kids at two different schools means that when they schedule school meetings for Tuesday night (which they often do), we end up running all over the place.

Wednesday I either have free because Christy's at school (and then I'm there from 2-3:30, so not entirely free), or she's home and housework gets done. Soon it'll be a lot of Christmas shopping! Then Wednesday night is stuff at church. A and C are in the Fireflies group, which I do the snacks for, and S is in GEMS. They all love it so much.

Thursdays are grocery day which is a full day's work, or at least it feels like it with how tired I end up. Then Thursday night is volleyball, which is usually wonderful but some nights frustrating. It was the latter tonight, that's for sure!

Fridays I spend at everyone's classrooms (or I do when S's class needs me which isn't always). This means I have a small amount of time to run errands but not much. Sometimes this leaves me feeling very tired without feeling like I did anything! But the teachers seem to like that I'm there so that's good.

Saturdays are A's dance class and another laundry day. Plus with everyone home we get some cleaning and household improvement things done. I'm excited for snow now too because that means snowmen and sledding. The girls are getting old enough to take them to the really good hills so I can't wait for winter this year.

The girls are ready! :D

No comments: