Saturday, November 12, 2011

Colossians 3:23



What I wrote on July 8, 2009


Some days God just reaches down and smacks me upside the head with something. Today I was laying on my bed, not really needing a nap but just being lazy. I was reading in a book, and the author made a point using that verse.


"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men." Colossians 3:23, NIV


I don't even remember what the point was that the author made, but that short line jumped off the page and smacked me upside the head. I don't always conduct my days as if I'm working for God. Today was one of those days. As I lay in bed, not really needing the nap, there were dirty dishes on the cupboard and a nearly full dishwasher that I should already have run. There were un-ironed shirts that I had been putting off since Monday. There was a litter box that needed emptying. And here I was, with no real reason to put those things off, but doing it anyway. God went 'hey! Get off your butt and go do those things!' Okay, maybe I'm taking a little liberty with that. But it's definitely what I said to myself after he nudged me! :D





Are you kidding me? Some times it seems like two steps forward, three steps back. 
Two years and I'm still struggling with this. Sheesh.
Sorry, just a little kick in the rear for myself today. Seriously. *eye roll*




No comments: