I know it's not like I have any kind of fan base, so anyone who reads this probably already knows what I'm about to write from some other source. But as I'm also treating this as a sort of diary, I will put this in here to go back to someday.
My doctor called yesterday with my PET scan results, less than 24 hours after I had the scan done. The only way she could have gotten them so fast was for her to call the clinic and have them rush her the results. I really respect her for thinking of us in this way, that we could have the results before the New Year's holiday and rest easy over the weekend.
The scan was clear. She said all the enlarging and activity that was there before is now gone, and the nodes have gone down to their regular size. According to the readout, there is 'no evidence of lymphoma.' Hallelujah!
The second I heard her voice my heart started to pound. Because of course, if she asked me to come in or something, then there would probably have been bad news. And then I stayed all excited because the news was so good; Hubby and I were literally spinning around the living room when I told him.
It was so great to be able to celebrate the start of a New Year without that weight on our shoulders. We can look ahead to a year with a literally clean start. Clean of all Hodgkin's. Lovely.
1 comment:
Congrats on the good news! I'm glad it came back clear!
Post a Comment