Monday, January 25, 2010

Why?

Some good friends of mine collaborated with a young singer on a song that has just bowled me over. Right now, I don't know if there's any way to link to it anywhere, but at least I can put on the lyrics. They are simply beautiful.

"Why"
Words: Naomi Talbot
Music: Gregg Hart
Sung by Aleena Korrell

Why are you so beautiful
hanging from a tree?
Why does the sight of your scars
make my heart beat a little bit faster?
Why does your ragged breathing
take my breath away?
Why do I love you
seeing you this way?

Why is the voice I've never heard
music to my ears?
Why are the eyes I've never seen
the ones I could stare at forever?
Why is the face that's streaked with blood
the one I long to touch?
Why do I love you,
love you so much?

Heart of my heart,
beauty I was made for,
love that's to die for,
you are the one I live for

Why do I wish I'd been there
in Gethsemane?
Why do I want to wipe away
the blood-sweat from your brow?
Why did I cry when you died?
I wasn't there to see
And when you called Mary's name
Why do I wish it had been me?

Heart of my heart,
beauty I was made for,
love that's to die for,
you are the one I live for

Why am I so homesick?
I've never seen your home
Why do I always miss you
when we've never even met?
Why did you want to come here
and steal my heart away?
Why can't I be with you
can't I be with you today?

Why is the name "Jesus"
the only one that stills my heart?
Why do your arms around me
make my fears all fade away?
Why do you have to love me?
you know I'm not that good
And when I say I love you,
why can't I love you as I should?

Heart of my heart,
beauty I was made for,
love that's to die for,
you are the one I live for

Why is the voice that calmed the sea
the one that calls my name?
Why do the eyes that see the world
search me out within?
Why is the face I dare not see
the one I long to touch?
Why do I love you?
I love you so much

No comments: