Wednesday, January 6, 2010

'09-'10...

...seems to be the year of sick kids for us. S was sick for the last 4 days BEFORE Christmas break (meaning she missed her class Christmas party...poor kid). Now, A was sick for her first day BACK from Christmas break. This is fairly rare for us, my kids are rarely out sick. So they've all been pumped with antibiotics, they've had strep throat. A is on them now to kick it again.

Other than that it's been a good winter. We haven't had too much snow here, but enough to keep the ground mostly covered in white. I like that, it's better than everything being gray and muddy! It rained on Christmas day, but the very next day big, pretty lake effect flakes fell all day. It was gorgeous.

A starts her dance class today. She's so excited. Of all our kids she's the one most interested in dancing and actually knowing the steps and copying others in order to do it right. I hope we can keep her in classes as long as she wants to do them. The others start their classes soon, I'll make sure and blog about how that all goes.

Speaking of blogging, I happen to be doing it on a brand new shiny jewel. Well, jewel-toned laptop anyway. Seriously, the lid or cover or top or whatever you call it (the back of the screen?) is a lovely blue color. I got a game for Christmas that didn't work on our old laptop's video card. This prompted some thinking, and we came to the conclusion that if we replace it now, we won't have to again for a long time. Hubby used words like '64-bit' and '300-gig hard drive,' which I take it means it's good.  ;-) And it's Windows 7 and the video card is more than good enough. So I'm all set for many years. And it's just so pretty! :-) And fast. I like that.

I've made a goal for this year (I refuse to call them resolutions because of all the stereotypes and guilt associated with them): I did the first 'run' in the couch-to-5k program last night. It's my 3rd time through the program. Between sickness and kids, I haven't been able to keep running for more than about a year at a time. I hope to become and stay at least a 5k runner this year. 3 years ago I did the Tulip Time Run and that was a lot of fun, so I'd like to do that again. And maybe one in the fall. Way in the back of my mind, I think I'd like to try a mini-triathlon, but we'll see how things go.

I'm hoping to trim up a bit too, which means strength exercises too. In fact, I'm off to do some right now! :-)

No comments: