Our middle child has her first loose teeth. She went to the dentist today and they let me know they were loose when they brought her back out. I don't think she even knew they were loose! Of course, this means that I'll need to start stocking up on my quarters. Our kids get 50 cents a tooth. I've heard so many amounts for lost teeth. What do you think? What do/did/will your children get for their teeth? Or nothing? Maybe the whole tooth fairy thing offends some people, just like Santa does.
I've been thinking a lot lately about how my 5 year old doesn't SEEM 5 to me. I think I've figured out why. No matter how old she gets, she has an older sister, so she's always younger. She's hitting the same milestones at all the same ages (roughly, of course) as her sister did. But she feels younger to me because she's always got someone "ahead" of her. Poor kid. I am an oldest, I don't know what it feels like to always be following someone.
I think this must be how youngests get spoiled, though. No matter what they do or when they learn things, they are the baby. In Mom and Dad's mind, it's hard to get past the feeling that they're little! I can see it with my youngest, that's for sure. I catch myself treating her way more baby-like than I did her sisters at that age.
No comments:
Post a Comment