Friday, May 13, 2011

Well, here we are!

So, I've come this far. I've trained for the Riverbank Run. The actual run is 10.5 hours away, but I've finished the training.

I ran in 2-foot snowdrifts, 25 mph winds, rain, 80 degree weather, 10 degree weather, on dirt roads, paved roads, sidewalks, various treadmills, through bronchitis, and today pushing a stroller.

There's nothing more to do but run it. I'm very nervous. I find this a good thing. The last training run I ran when actually nervous was the 14 miles, and I ran it in less than 3 hours. Also, out of all the long runs, that one went the best. That means I could run tomorrow in about 3:16. That's fast enough to finish before they close the course, and to allow myself to get results posted. (They shut these things down after 3 hours and 30 minutes.)

So my goal, as it is my first time and only 2 1/2 years after my last chemo treatment, is to simply run. I don't want to stop or walk. Just keep moving.

25K, here I come!

No comments: