Saturday, May 14, 2011

I did it!

25K. 15.5 miles. In 3 hours, 10 minutes, and 44 seconds. My log says I put in 400 miles in training for this.


This picture is near the end, where my family was on the curb to watch.




(In the recovery area afterward. Felt good but could hardly pick up my feet!)









I was forced to stop only once at a crowded water station, but only for a beat or two. I felt AMAZING. I did not imagine that it could go that well, but it did. Even now I don't have too much trouble with stairs or anything, my muscles all recovered quickly!

My kids even had a great time waiting that long, and hubby and A (who had dance) made it in time to see me finish. The whole day was great. I'm so happy I did it and it sounds like more people want to run it with me next year.

Now, to look into running a half marathon in 4 months... :-D

No comments: