Monday, July 5, 2010

Week 5- Admire Him!

I'm excited that this challenge happened to fall on the week that Hubby is on a trip with the youth group. He's going to be a leader this year and joined the group on a team building trip to Colorado. He's almost totally 'off the grid' for a week. Therefore, he will not be able to read the post until he comes home. I can write it knowing it'll be a pleasant surprise for him when he gets home. Then, when he does get home and gets back online, one of the things waiting for him will be the email that tells him I wrote this post. :)


There are so many things I admire about my husband, I don't know how I'm going to organize it into a comprehensible post. But here goes.

1) My husband is a man of God. I have long admired his knowledge of God and his demonstration of his walk with Christ in the everyday. He is an amazing leader for our family and such a good influence for our children. He is able to teach them about matters of the heart and God in a way that is clear and easy for them to understand as children.

2) My husband is incredibly faithful and loyal. We've been through some health issues that would have easily driven a lesser man away. My husband not only stuck by me, but stayed with me in hospital rooms even though it meant work would be harder for him, not to mention the stress of watching me deal with various medicines. With everything we've been through, we are definitely a stronger couple today than the day we got married.

3) I admire his integrity. He is honest in his dealings with me, with our extended families, with friends, and with his coworkers. He speaks what is on his mind truthfully, yet kindly. He is also able to admit his flaws, and confess to others when he's wronged them. Even when it means putting his reputation on the line.

4) He is always loving and respectful to me in spite of my flaws. I come from a family of women who are strong and often stubborn and kinda proud of it. Through everything I do he puts up with me and my strong opinions. He quietly sits back and lets my rants wind themselves down and never tells me that I'm being silly about something that doesn't matter that much. He is far more patient with me than I deserve.

5) As I said, I have a strong and strongly opinionated family. His love for them in spite of their flaws is inspiring to me. He put up with my dad holding a grudge against him for a couple years. His patience paid off, as my dad has been downright friendly lately! It's great.

6) My husband is humble. It can even be difficult for him to take a compliment. But I do so love the way he blushes whenever I compliment him, which I try to do as often as I can. I can only imagine his face after he reads this post! :)

7) I admire his wisdom. He prayerfully considers decisions that need to be made, rather than jumping in headfirst. My husband tries to discern God's will for himself and our family in his decision-making.

8) I admire his drive. This past year he was on 3 different committees between church and our neighborhood association, he went to school full time online, and worked 50-60 hours a week. This spring he began training for a 5k race. Add to that being on the lights team at church and having a wife and three kids. It was tiring, to say the least, but he handled the busy year amazingly well and got through it all. His drive and ability to get the things that need to get done, done, is inspiring.

9) My husband is very handsome. We've been married more than 7 years (I've known him for 10) and he is more handsome to me now than the day we met. He works on taking good care of himself, and I look forward to seeing him grow more and more handsome to me as the years go on.

10) I admire his ability to lead. In everything we go through he consults my opinion yet isn't afraid to also give his.  He takes all sides of an issue into consideration when making the big decisions that need to be made. Also, he is willing to step aside in areas where my talents shine (for example, finances), and simply agree or disagree with my thoughts about the area as needed.

There are so many things I admire about my husband. Every day I am thankful for him. This week is fast proving the adage 'absence makes the heart grow fonder.' I can't stop thinking of how much I love him and love being with him. I can't wait until Saturday evening, when I'll get to tell him all these things in person again.

No comments: