Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Week 4- Pray for Him Every Day This Week

Whew. What a week to come to a challenge that actually required me to remember things. It's VBS this week and we're babysitting the director's little boy in the afternoons and life has just been absolutely insane.

But I can say that it is Wednesday and I have successfully remembered to ask my Hubby what he would like prayer for before bed each night, and then to pray for those things the next morning during my quiet time. Besides that, a tip from the blog I got the ideas from was to mentally make my wedding ring a symbol/reminder of my promise to pray daily for him, and to let that trigger, at the very least, a 'breath prayer' for him. I did well on this on Monday and okay on Tuesday. Today, my brain is mush and I'm struggling with it.

I've been writing down Hubby's prayer requests in my new little notebook, and have even, already, been able to record some answers to prayer. On all three days so far my husband has asked me to pray for him to have the stamina to get through his work days. Monday and today were, in fact, pretty good days at work. Tuesday he asked me to pray that he would do his best in the 5k we ran last night. He ran it in nearly the same speed as the last one we did a month and a half ago, and this time he didn't even have a pacer! He did in fact do a fantastic job. Monday he asked that he would have the drive to get ahead in his school work, and right now he only has two assignments to finish before Friday. Fantastic! It's amazing to see prayer and accountability working together here. I know that God has his hand in everything we do, and I also see how mentioning the things you want to get done in someone else's presence can inspire you to get them done.

I also have been praying over various things as suggested in the book 'The Power of a Praying Wife.' I've read through the book before and now am just using the list of topics as a starting point to figure out areas where I believe there is needed prayer and praying over it.

Praying for one's husband can be such an eye-opening thing. So often when I pray over something that is happening or something I'd like to see change in our lives, I can feel myself being guided mentally toward a solution that does not involve my husband changing, but myself. In fact it's striking how often, when I bring my problems to God before yelling at my hubby, I realize I'm being picky, or the issue is not as big as I had thought, or at least I can get a handle on my emotions and explain to him how I feel without accusing or heaping on the guilt.

I hope to have an even more eye-opening week as I go. The blog post about this week's challenge even talked about fasting, so we will see. :)

No comments: