Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Week 2-Dating Days


This week's writing prompt is to talk about our dating days and/or post pictures from those days. Our dating days were fairly short compared to what we had planned at the beginning of our relationship, as we had both planned to go to college after high school, but that was put on hold. I do not regret where our life has led, and am exceedingly glad that I got to marry the most incredible man!



(Our first picture together. My mom ambushed us before our very first date.)


We were literally high school sweethearts. We started dating his Sophomore/my Junior year. Most of our dates consisted of Band functions! We met through band class. He was a drummer and I played trumpet. I have no idea what attracted him to me, but I know I liked his chivalry and sense of humor right off the bat. And the fact that he was and still is very good looking was an incredible plus!



(Our first dance)
The thing that strikes me most about those days when I think back is the fact that it was so easy for us from day one. In spite of the butterflies and nervousness from having our first real relationship (yes, we were each others first 'official' boyfriend/girlfriend), it seemed so easy to get to know each other. I think I knew very early that he was the one I was to marry. I'm hearing chuckles and snorts, as we were only 16. But looking back now, I've never wanted to try dating anyone else since the very first day of our relationship.




I've always felt very cared for by him. I've never felt disrespected or like he doesn't care about my opinions. Quite the opposite, in fact, I feel like he seeks my opinions on almost everything. He listens to my rantings (which, sometimes, are many!), thinks I'm beautiful, and is still very chivalrous, opening doors and everything. I find him easy to respect in return, and I find that I want to show him how I love him as often as possible. And, he is still the most handsome man I've ever met. Not only is that last sentence true, but he reads this and I know it'll embarrass him. hehe.


We dated almost the way through high school and were married soon after. True high-school sweethearts.

The last picture is my all-time favorite picture of the two of us from our dating days. I don't like many pictures from my high school days, but this is one of them. I love this picture.

No comments: