Thursday, June 24, 2010

Week 3-Wedding Day!

Oh, we were so young! I cannot remember a day that was overall as happy as the day we got married. My mother tells me I was quite stressed, and maybe I was, cause I can be kinda type 'A' (Stop snickering at me!!). But I don't remember being stressed. I remember many times thinking, 'oh, isn't this just so much FUN!'

We were married in the church my hubby grew up in, and which we still attend today. Both our brothers, his two sisters, and a couple friends stood up for us. My sister, who was only 11 at the time, did the guestbook and read our scripture verse. And no, I can't remember what the verse was or what the pastor preached on! Far, far too excited, as everyone is.





My Grandpa sang 'Amazing Grace' for us, which was so incredibly meaningful to me. He and my other Grandpa were planning to sing 'Sunrise, Sunset' at my wedding, but my dad's dad passed away when I was 16.

The pastor who married us has also baptized our 3 kids and walked with us through journeys of cancer and everything else.
It was an amazing day filled with our best friends and biggest supporters. I loved every minute of it, even if I had my moments! :)

We had such a simple ceremony, which I like, and while there are things I would change, like having the reception somewhere besides the church we were married in, I cherish the joy I felt that day. Looking back on the pictures makes me smile so much!


I still marvel that I got to marry the man who is the person I am most at ease with in this entire world. The fact that God brought us together so early was an amazing part of his plan, as without God and my husband by my side, I sometimes don't know how I'd have made it through the years of sickness and treatments for Hodgkin's.

Just remembering the way I felt that day, getting ready, putting on the dress, having my future husband see me in the dress for the first time, exchanging vows, rings and kisses, and then celebrating with our friends and family, is amazing.

2 comments:

Zoe said...

Wow, Kevin looks like a little kid! (you look the same). ;)

laughterismedicine said...

Ha! Thanks, I think. Kevin has changed quite a bit since we got married, that is for sure.