Thursday, June 10, 2010

Completing Him Challenge

Okay the picture doesn't go anywhere, just FYI.

I've been exploring stay-at-home mom blogs and such looking for encouragement and back-up, if you will, in my role as a SAHM. One of them I found is called Women Living Well, and it is doing a challenge over the summer. The challenge is to become more and more of the helpmeet that our husbands need. This has intrigued me for a long time. I was going to write, 'since the day we got married,' but that isn't true. As much as I have loved my husband through our entire relationship, I was very immature and selfish when we got married. God has taken our relationship a long ways from the 18-year-old kids we were when we married. 

Anyway, here's the schedule of the challenge:
Here's the Topic Schedule for those who want to link up each week:

June 7 - announce to your readers you are participating by posting the button on your site and leaving your link below. Optional: Embed the HTML from this video in your blog post!

June 14 – Post Pictures from your dating days (or tell us all about it!). Think about one thing you used to do or have as a couple that you have lost in the shuffle of life. How can you regain it?

June 21 - Remember Your Vows - post pictures of your wedding day. We will review the sacredness of this day.

June 28 - Ask your husband every morning how you can pray for him that day. Bonus: Fast and pray for him one day this week.

July 5 - Admire Your Husband. Write this post and then show it to him! He will smile!

July 12 - Make a list of 5 things you currently do and ask him to prioritize them for you of what is important to him. For example - a clean home, home cooked dinner, coupon clipping, service at church, having friends over for dinner, watching/doing sports with him, etc.

July 19 - Make him a priority. Ask him what his favorite dinner, dessert and drink are. Be sure to serve him all three one night this week. Bonus: cook his favorite dishes all week long!

July 26 - Support his vision. Discuss his vision for your family. Where does he see your family in 1 year, 5 years, and 10 years.

August 2 - R-E-S-P-E-C-T! No complaining, criticizing, rolling your eyes, nagging, or giving him any friction this week. Enjoy a week of peace in your home!

August 9 - Kiss Him Like You Mean It (and be sure the door is locked!)



Well, I won't be linking up to her today, but I'll be following these ideas. They are fantastic, and I do these sorts of things occasionally, but I think the onslaught of these sort of actions will be really good for our marriage. Plus they all sound like fun. 

4 comments:

AL said...

I am not a SAHM and will never pretend to have the ability to what you and so many others do daily. However these simple ideas are amazing. I am might be looking more into this and completing these tasks. It might be fun. I think at times couples like us (two people who have had the lucky chance of loving each other from early years) need to keep the pot hot!

All that said I might be stealing some of this. Thanks for sharing!

Zoe said...

Meh, reading that made me miss Justin. Those are all such good things. I hope I will be a good wife.

laughterismedicine said...

Amanda, you're right. It helps to spice it up once in a while!

Aww, I'm sorry Zoe. :(

And I have no doubt you will be a good wife. :)

Alison said...

I am also not a SAHM, but I liked the idea of working through that list too... Cool stuff! I may give it a try. :)