I came across this again today thanks to one of my twitter friends. Every single time I see it I have to applaud. And I know I have a couple teachers and mommies who follow this blog, so this is for you.
What a Teacher Makes, by Taylor Mali
I like it though I've never taught a class more difficult than a daycare class, but some of the stuff he says applies to mommies, too. And for everyone else, it's just entertaining. Enjoy!
2 comments:
Had my son watch that. He had decided in jr. high that he wanted to be a teacher, and now that he's faced with choosing a major in college he's waffling on it because he doesn't know if that's what he wants to do, and I'm sure the money, or lack of it, is playing into that decision. I told him if money is the only reason why he'd do something, then he shouldn't be a teacher. There's enough teachers who really don't want to be teachers. Our kids deserve teachers like this guy, who has a passion for teaching kids to be better people. We'll see what he decides. :)
LOVE IT! I have seen that one before, and read it in a couple of emails. It was perfect for me to see it again as the stress of putting together my classroom was already weighing heavy, and the realization I only have one more week of summer left.
THANK YOU!
Post a Comment