Friday, July 24, 2009

Breath Prayers

One of the things I've discovered work best for me as far as keeping "in touch" with God all during the day are what I've seen described as "breath prayers." These are just a few words at a time that you say in prayer... duh. They're pretty self-explanatory, huh?

Anyway, lately one of my breath prayers has been "God, help us with our finances." We've known for a couple months that the amount we'd be able to set aside for healthcare vs. the amount healthcare would actually cost did not match up. So I've been praying that God would provide. And today, he did. For the first time in a few months my hubby's work received a bonus. It meant we could cover the discrepancy in healthcare costs, AND buy Sarah's school supplies, AND even have a little left over for a night out. So God is taking care of our needs and even providing for our desires.

My breath prayer has changed! Now it's "Thank you for caring for us, Daddy God." :) I love my Abba, I just gotta say.

No comments: