Sunday, July 12, 2009

A Hair-Pulling Day

Oh, man today was a frustrating day. I hope I'm not the only mom who has days like today! There was much screaming and arguing and just many many difficulties today.

So to relieve frustrations I went for a four mile bike ride. I just pedaled as hard as I could, especially on the couple small hills, and tried to leave my anger on the road. I'm praying it stays out there, because I don't need any more days like today. I know life isn't perfect and days like today happen sometimes, but the fewer, the better.

I've actually been really, really proud of my girls this summer. Part of their VBS program this summer is to memorize two scripture passages every two weeks all summer. Plus, S can memorize all 66 books of the bible, and A can memorize the names of the 12 disciple for an extra treat at the end of the summer. The director mentioned to me that it might be something like a gift certificate to a local ice cream shop or something.

Anyway, they've been really good at the verses. We work on one each week and then say them to the volunteers every other Sunday. For the first couple days I say it and they repeat it to me. Even little C lisps out entire verses! They usually have them pretty much down pat by Wednesday. I hope it gives them an enthusiasm for reading the bible. It has helped us start a morning bible study, too.

No comments: