I did this first on Facebook, and changed a few things to be more accurate. I like the list, though, so I thought I'd post it here so I can come back to it sometimes.
1) My husband and I are true blue high school sweethearts. We met in high school (band, even, as if we needed proof we are geeks), dated as soon as we both were allowed, and got married directly out of high school.
2) I was born in South Carolina, lived there for a year till my dad got out of the marines, and now I've lived in Michigan my entire life. It was 104 degrees the day I was born, now I sometimes see 30 degrees on my birthday. In May.
3) I played trumpet in high school band.
4) My favorite food is lasagna.
5) I have the craziest, loudest family I have ever met. We used to scare my friends, and now it's a family joke that 'if you can survive the Bouwkamps/Jagers, you're a keeper.'
6) I'm 24 years old. In the 6 1/2 years since high school, I've had 3 kids, owned 2 houses, had 2 rounds of chemo, had one bone marrow transplant, and I'm about to do radiation.
7) I was on the equestrian team in high school even though I've never owned a horse. I borrowed 3 different horses in 4 years on the team. It's a lifelong dream to own a horse someday.
8) I'm a member of 'the Circle' and I've been to 'the Gathering' twice. Sounds cultish, huh? It's actually a website and an event for fans of Ted Dekker. We went the first time to meet friends from the site, and we go back because it was so much fun.
9) We didn't get to go this year, though, due to the dumb economic down-turn and subsequent cutting of Kevin's hours.
10) My favorite song right now is “Lead me to the Cross” by Hillsong United.
11) My favorite books are the Twilight series. Yeah, teen fiction. So what.
12) I worked at two different stores when I was in high school. Both of them have closed.
13) I once owned a dog and a cat named 'Calvin' and 'Hobbes.'
14) I once owned two cats named 'Jack' and 'Russel.' We wanted a dog, you see...
15) I've never smoked a cigarette in my entire life, not even one puff. I didn't hang out with people who were rule-breakers, that's for sure.
16) I'm the shortest adult in my family so far. (I say so far because my siblings aren't married yet.)
17) I owned a convertible in high school.
18) I live in a subdivision in the country. I've had cows walk through my yard. It's an odd mix of rural and suburban life.
19) My favorite movie is P.S. I love you.
20) I've only met two people who spelled their nickname the same way I spell mine (Nicky). One was a guy. I've never met anyone who spelled their full name the same way (Nichola). I've read books with 'Nickys' in them, or seen ads for movies, but they're always guys.
21) I have a teeny tiny tattoo, the size of a fine-point pen mark. It's for my radiation...but getting it has made me consider getting a real one. I just may do it after my treatments are done, to celebrate. Plan is to get it on August 10th.
22) I do laundry twice a week. Is that weird? Oh well, it's better than going naked while trying to cram 8 loads into one day...
23) I live in Michigan and don't own any snowpants. I had to borrow some the last time I went sledding.
24) There are more kids movies on my DVD rack than Grown-up movies.
25) I've been to the Philippines and the Dominican Republic, but never out west. And never to Boston in the fall.
No comments:
Post a Comment