So I've never really had an artistic side. Yesterday I described it as very small, rather anemic, and that is very true. I can't draw. I can play music on my trumpet by ear but cannot READ music. (Well, I could when I played a lot. I could again if I practiced, I imagine.) I can't write poems, and even have a hard time appreciating or even really understanding the more complex ones.
But lately, the thin voice of my artistic side has been calling out to me lately. "Feed Me! Use Me!" Hehe. Anyway, I've felt like I've needed some sort of outlet for something, without really knowing what it is. Hopefully taking and editing and posting and maybe printing some adorable pictures of my kids will be a creative outlet for me. I do like scrapbooking, too. I should get back on some of those. I'm way behind...
Anyway, one of the blogging moms I follow (mycharmingkids.net) is a professional photographer, and she posts the MOST ADORABLE pictures of her kids. It's amazing. But it made me think, hey, I've got a digital camera and a photo editor. Maybe I could take some of the pictures of my kids and edit them!
So I LOVE Picasa right now. I can use the convenient little buttons, and I just punch buttons until I think the picture looks good. There's a handy 'undo' of course, if that particular change didn't work, so that's nice. The above picture is one of my favorite ones I just did on Picasa. I may be printing this one off. I'm going to try to figure out how to blog a whole bunch of pictures. I may post a link to my online album. We'll see.

No comments:
Post a Comment