I've been thinking back recently and it dawned on me it's been over a year since my 2nd Hodgkin's diagnosis. We got the awful CT scan results in late May '08, PET scan results in early June '08, and the biopsy was one year ago this past Saturday (June 27, '08). I'm seven months and eleven days post-transplant. I thought I'd give a few details about how I'm doing.
I can tell my voice is coming back. Actually, the way I can tell is kind of odd... I am able to sing on-key at quieter volumes. I was singing along with my iPod, which was in the other room, on-key and quietly the other day. I know, odd way to tell, but it was my clue that I was getting it back.
My hair is growing back! It's a good 2, 2 1/2 inches long now. And it's nice and thick. So that's a blessing. But there's a bonus! It's coming in with nice gold highlights to it. Double blessing!
I've dropped running. I may go back to it someday, but for now it's just too rough on my lungs and I was no longer enjoying it. I've been doing some biking. In fact I need to do it more. But the fact that I am able to exercise feels good and tells me I'm getting better!
No comments:
Post a Comment