I know, stay-at-home moms blog about such exciting things, huh??
But we're pretty excited. We were just starting to wonder how we were going to be able to keep affording C's diapers as hours got cut at my hubby's work and we had to tighten the belt. Well, with something like 8 diapers left in the box, that small problem was solved!
Nearly 2 weeks ago, C walked up to Daddy and said, "I have to go potty!" Well, since her diaper was dry, we figured, what the heck. He walked her to the bathroom and put her on the potty, and lo and behold, she went! And then, believe it or not, she only had one accident that day. And she stayed dry ALL NIGHT!! That was most amazing. She's actually only had 5 accidents in 12 days, and all of her accidents have happened when she was on her way to the bathroom, or already there. So we knew she knew what she was doing, she just needed to do it a little earlier!
Actually, she sets a record for our kids... she potty trained the earliest. Both her sisters trained the week they turned three. Thankfully, though, they've all trained just as easily as she did. Maybe there is something to waiting for them to come up with the idea on their own... I don't know. I certainly don't have anything to brag about, because I had virtually nothing to do with it.
But I certainly am happy! Between the diapers, wipes, and diaper genie refills, that saves us at least $40 a month. Nice. And, really, I think this was mostly God. That he was helping her figure it out so we could save some money in our budget. So I'm still thanking him for that. He does care about those details, after all.
No comments:
Post a Comment