Well, here we go. Today is the first day of summer break. 3 girls home all day, every day for 3 months. May I just say, I'm not a fan of summer break...
Hopefully I can make it good. I've got some plans! We're going to take our bikes (the younger 2 in the burley) to town every Monday, and go to the Library and to the park, weather permitting. The older two have VBS one morning every two weeks. I think that's a pretty brilliant idea by our church. Hopefully it'll keep them interested in it all summer. Then, on the opposite weeks of VBS, I'm taking them to my grandmother's house on Thursday mornings for a couple hours. This way I can get some grocery shopping done and they can get out of the house some more. S has a day camp the last week of July.
Since the older two are mostly self-sufficient in the pool now, I can probably take them to my folks' and my in-laws' pools by myself a few times. In fact, S would like to be able to swim across the pool so she can pass the swimming test at camp and use the whole pool. We'll be making that a priority.
There's always walks around the neighborhood, and the library will have things going on, I just don't know what they are yet... they haven't posted anything. And I'm the new organizer for our church's playgroup. I need to get my rear in gear for that and get a summer schedule out. Sigh. Maybe I have too much to do! Ha. Just kidding. We like to be busy with this fun stuff.
Prince Charming and I leave tomorrow night for a few days to spend some time alone. We're going somewhere with no responsibilities and no set schedule! We're looking forward to sleeping in and literally ONLY doing what we feel like doing. I can't wait. 3 nights and 3 days without having to get up at 6:30 with the kids! :D And they're looking forward to going to my folks' house. Grandma lets them stay up late! Hehe. It'll be nice for us all.
No comments:
Post a Comment