My kids always giggle when I say 'Holy Bananas' which I figure is a better overall reaction than if I actually swore so that works. Plus I'd much rather they repeat that than anything else so we'll stick with that.
So, busy. This week we had Dress Rehearsal on Monday for C and A, for the Recital that is Saturday. They are profoundly adorable in their little costumes and I am so proud of them I can't even stand it. C is dancing to 'I Won't Grow Up' from Peter Pan, and A is dancing to the french version of 'L.O.V.E.' by Nat King Cole. They've worked so hard, put in lots of class time, gotten nervous and excited and ready and nervous again, sometimes in the span of a couple hours. In a little while here I'm going to get up again and get all their stuff laid out to go in the morning. It's quite a process to get it all set and get them all dolled up and we have to be there at 9:20. But for now here's some pictures of dress and such.
.JPG) |
| A at blocking rehearsal |
.JPG) |
| C (in the purple) at blocking rehearsal. She definitely has the right amount of attitude necessary for this dance. |
.JPG) |
| Full costume for dress rehearsal. |
Tuesday and Wednesday were softball games for S. She's on an actual little league team this year, which means learning to hit off other little girls doing the pitching, learning to deal with different interpretation of the rules at different fields, and even doing a little pitching herself. She's been doing great! It's a huge step up from coach pitch and they even steal bases. It was quite the learning curve at first!
 |
| Batting |
 |
| Pitching! |
Thursday we spent at a little program S's class put together. Tonight was the Girls on the Run 5K. S improved her time from last year and had a great time doing it. She got to run with my hubby and her grandma (hubby's mom).
 |
| After the run. They look especially hot because it was 80* outside. |
What a week. I am SO excited to see them dance tomorrow and then I'm going to be ready to be done with this season of not sitting down to any meals at the table, but instead catching them in the car at worst and at the island in the kitchen at best. I love these activities and am so proud they get to do them, and proud of the work they put into them. It's worth every minute of busy-ness it brings.
No comments:
Post a Comment