Friday, February 24, 2012

Oh, What a Difference

Oh, what a difference a year can make. Last year if you had told me there was going to be a snow day, I'd have rolled my eyes and resigned myself to the extra work that comes with having all three kids home all day.

This year, I'm excited. Of course, half my excitement comes from the fact that this way I don't have to go to their classes to volunteer this week. Once every single week is tiring, I think next year I'll stagger it a bit more.

But the other half of my excitement is that I actually like having all three kids home. It's nice to have people to talk to, and the cleaning for today was easier because they all cleaned their rooms. It's fun to listen to them chatter with each other while they were painting, and I didn't have to get anyone out the door at any particular time. I'll have help shoveling later. Lots of reasons.

My attitude has greatly changed. Part of it is that my work at home is no longer exponentially harder when they're all home. Part of it is that God is changing me, I'm growing in patience. Slowly. But it's there.  And I'm pleasantly surprised and very, very thankful.

No comments: