I knew we needed a new dishwasher when I walked into my brother's off-campus apartment and saw the exact same model in a place where everything's cheap simply because they know college kids aren't going to be nice to it anyway.
Before that and for a while after that we did put up with the one we had, because on one income you deal with it. Even since we moved in this thing never really got anything clean, and was so obnoxiously loud that we had to have the TV blaring if we wanted to be able to hear it. Also, it's so small inside I couldn't even fit a whole supper's worth of dishes in the thing.
So finally I just got sick of it and we stopped using it. That's not the best case scenario either, so I had the brainstorm that maybe if we just cleaned out a bunch of the parts it would work better. Maybe it would at least get the dishes clean even if I had to run it more. Well, apparently giving it a vacation was a bad idea. Something shorted or came unhooked on it and now it doesn't work at all, not even to spray water.
So I've been washing dishes by hand for a good long time, and we finally decided to ask for help from anyone who was giving us Christmas gifts this year. We payed for around a quarter of the cost with gift cards from family. That was pretty awesome. We went over a week ago and picked one out. Today it gets delivered! I'm very excited. This brand is supposed to be excellent. You can expand it a bit to fit larger dishes in, and it's supposed to be nearly silent when it runs. It also uses less water. So, all good things, provided it works as well as the overly excited salesman said it would.
Thanks to everyone in our family who gifted us with cards toward the dishwasher this Christmas. We truly appreciate it, especially me.
No comments:
Post a Comment