Friday, January 20, 2012

4 P's in the new year

Today's Peak: We just watched Rio together as a family. We're trying to be more intentional about spending time with the kids lately. We've played LIFE together recently, and tonight we had a movie night. It was made a bit more interesting by the fact that our microwave burned through three bags of popcorn (is it because the turn-style doesn't turn? Does anyone know?), and the fact that our kids have the entire thing memorized. So there was a lot of "stop telling us what's going to happen!" Luckily they can't ruin a kids movie too much.

Today's Pit: I bit my nails down. I had been doing well and then one broke and it was downhill from there.

Today's Prayer: A woman from our church was recently diagnosed with cancer. They're not sure what kind yet but it's in her lungs, liver, lymph nodes and adrenal gland. She needs so much prayer. At the moment I can hardly put words to my prayers because of going through it myself, but I know God is understanding my groanings, at least.

Today's Praise: For together time with my cheerful, funny girls. They are beautiful and smart and loving and amazing. I am really and truly blessed. And for my husband who lifts me up and encourages me every day. Really, truly blessed.

No comments: