I watched my little girl get shoved at the bus stop today. They weren't fighting, she was just trying to talk to him, and he reached out and gave her a shove.
And I wanted to march right out there and hold her and see if her feelings were hurt. I wanted to shake my finger in that little boy's face and tell him not to push my baby. I wanted to find his mom and ask how she could just sit there while her little boy pushed my little girl.
Instead I had to watch and remember that no matter what I want, I can't protect her from the whole world. I had to remember that she knew I was right there, mere yards away, and she chose to stay at the bus stop instead of telling me.
I had to feel my heart break a little bit more as I watched her wander aimlessly for a minute and then simply get in line instead of playing with her sisters and friends.
Watching my little cubs tumble and test their legs and their social skills and sometimes get knocked around is tough for this mama, and all mamas, I'm sure. It's not easy to muzzle my inner mama bear.
No comments:
Post a Comment