Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Trying to develop a green thumb...

I've been trying to grow some plants inside this spring. I was too eager and I started them really early! Now the flowers got too big for their little planter, and I had to transplant them. But then the cat was sitting in the pot! Rrgh. Even spanking him for it didn't help. But I have a smart hubby! He thought of turning one of my clear mixing bowls upside down and putting it over top of the pot. It's just perfect, fits right inside the handles of the pot. Lets the plants breath and get sunshine, but the cat hasn't tried to sit in it since.

My tomato plants need to be transplanted next. They're getting really tall, too big to be supported by the box, and they're getting root-bound so they dry out every other day or so. It has to stop being so stinking cold! I have no where to go with them. Next year I won't start my plants so early.

At least they are all healthy! Maybe my thumb is greener than I thought.