Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Praying

About a year or so ago I stumbled upon the story of a family in NC who was going through quite the ordeal. The wife has CF, and just when she got on the transplant list for a new set of lungs, they found out she was pregnant. Their baby was born prematurely in an emergency C-section to save the life of mommy and baby. The surgery worked, the baby was born healthy but very premature. She's now over a year old. Mommy was immediately placed back on the transplant list after the birth, and now has her new lungs. They've been doing well. So I've been praying for them, and I follow them on Twitter and through his blog.

Well, he's got two (well, many, but these two I've become interested in) friends in the blogging community who are also going through ordeals. The first I found is a micro-preemie ( I don't have that much info) who went through a surgery recently and now is suddenly brain-dead, they think from a stroke or something. She had been doing miraculously well, and they desire prayer that God is not finished working miracles in this baby's life.

The second is a blogger called MckMama. I think I will really enjoy following her blog. She's a bit more 'earthy' and 'organic' than I am, but maybe I can learn a few things from her. She calls her self 'a sinner saved by the King's grace'. Fantastic. Anyway, her youngest was born with congestive heart issues and was in surgery yesterday.

I love the internet. I've experienced the blessings that come from being able to tell hundreds (or in these people's cases, thousands) of people at a time what is going on during a difficult time. It's amazing. I don't even know these people and yet I get the chance to bring them before God's throne and ask for his blessing to be breathed into their lives. Amazing.