Monday, March 16, 2009

I have my mantras

Right now I've got two little girls who stay home with each other, one in the prime of her tattling stage and one who thinks she's the queen of our family (she's wrong of course, that would be me. Heh). Sometimes the only thing that gets me through an argument between them is a meaningful mantra, something to repeat to myself to re-center my mind on peace between them and teaching them as God wants me to.

I've said things like 'meet them where they are.' Obviously, my kids have only been around for a few years and they have not learned the proper way to interact with other people. I need to get on their level and walk them through every single step of how to talk and discuss things with their sisters and parents.

To be honest, that's been one of the hardest things to keep in mind. They're immature, they're human, they're born sinful. Just as Christ meets us where we are to bring us to him, I must meet them where they are to teach them what is right. And pray with all my strength that God turns us all into the people he wants us to be.