I wonder what you're doing right now,
And if everyone is treating you kind.
I hope there is a special person,
A nice friend that you can find.
I wonder if the teacher knows
Just how special you are to me.
And if the brightness of your heart
Is something she can see.
I wonder if you are thinking about me,
And if you need a hug.
I already miss the sound of your voice
And how you give my leg a tug.
I wonder if you could possibly understand
How hard it is to let you grow.
On this day know that my heart breaks,
For this is the first step in letting my baby go.
~My apologies for not knowing the author of the poem. I'd credit them if I knew.
My heartfelt thanks goes out to the author for expressing exactly how I feel about my baby's first day of school (and, truly, about all three of their first days back. I can't believe summer is gone already!).
I can't believe they've grown so. Slow down, time!
No comments:
Post a Comment