I've been trying to train for the Riverbank Run, a local 25K race. I've been training since early December and I've run in 30 mph wind gusts, ice, 2-foot-high drifts (had to change course once cause the road I was going to run on was completely drifted over. I would have had to wade in snow up to my knees to go that way), in rain and gotten sunburned. I thought I had this under the belt. I ran my 14 miles (my longest scheduled run) and felt confident I could finish the job.
Well, this cold had other plans. It started as a sore throat and some congestion in my head. Well, so far the sore throat left but the congestion settled into my lungs and promptly became Bronchitis. I missed last weeks 12 mile run, plus 2 5 miles runs during this week. Today I meant to make up the 12 mile run but by 9 miles I couldn't breathe. I called my hubby to come get me, but felt considerably better after a walk, so I called him back and said I'd get back on my own power, whether walking or running. So I ended up walking around .8 miles and only covering 11.8 miles.
We'll be seeing how this week goes. All I can say is if I'm still this congested in 2 weeks, I will either be running only 10K that day, or I will be finishing in well over the 3 1/2 hour cut off time.
No comments:
Post a Comment