Thursday, April 28, 2011

Just some stuff

Every day I come to my Blogger homepage and see all the posts from these people who so faithfully blog and I see my '96 posts' that hasn't moved since FEBRUARY and I feel guilty. Well, hopefully no more. I'm just going to hit 'new post' along with all those other blogs I'm opening and leave that tab open (gotta love Google Chrome) until something to write about comes to me. Hope I'm not boring. Not that that's stopped me in the past.

S got accepted into an accelerated learning program at her school. She's excited and her parents are trying not to burst with pride about it. This is just a little leak, not a bursting. ;) I'm pretty excited about it too. She's also on a softball team again this year. This may be her most personally challenging year yet. She has only 9 teammates, and of the 10 on her team 2 of them have never played softball before. I was on a team like that at around the same age and while I found it discouraging then, I chuckle about it now. Hope she can learn from it.


S's class meeting one of our state congressmen. He just happened to be there and volunteered to take us all down on the floor. It was pretty cool. 

A was just told she's more than a grade level ahead in her reading. She's pretty proud and we've already had a few lessons about not bragging about yourself! Tough to learn in Kindergarten. I'm so glad she's also inherited a love for reading. She's scheduled for some dance stuff this summer, but has already expressed desire to play softball next year. It'll be interesting to see which she like better after getting a taste of both. I, as her mom, feel like I know which she'd be naturally better, and will have to practice biting my tongue so she can sample what she wants to.


Playing a game in Kindergarten


We try to limit them to one thing at a time (we've had some overlap that can't be helped), so she will have to make a choice! It's so interesting to observe kids growth. I never knew I'd appreciate so much the birds'-eye- view I get on their lives as they start to make their own decisions and grow up.

C is 'preschooling' with me, as she is very proud to proclaim when she's asked if she's in school. We've worked on some upper and lower case letters, numbers, shapes... Yesterday she counted by twos all the way to 12, and we have a sheet of words from when A started kindergarten. They're words that kindergarteners should know at the beginning of the school year, and C knows at least 3/4ths of them on sight and sounds out the rest. She's going to take her first dance classes this summer, too. I (again speaking as mommy and thus the one who thinks she knows her kids inside and out), think she's taking it because A did and she thinks that's just what you do when you're that age, but I'm prepared to be pleasantly surprised and have a virtuoso on my hands. :)


Being cheesy for the camera.


So there we are. All caught up.

No comments: