Saturday, September 4, 2010

Yay!

Oh, cool weather! How I've missed you! At the end of the summer I start to realize that I've missed my jeans and wearing shoes that require socks and all my long sleeve shirts and not HAVING to dress in tank tops and shorts.

I love spring and fall weather when you can decide if you want to wear a tank top with jeans or long sleeves with a skirt... I get sick of flip-flops and being unable to wear jeans because I know I'll get way too hot even in air conditioning! I didn't even buy church sandals this year. I rebelled by wearing my ballet flats to church all summer. I can't wait to use my 'warm' shoes again.

Praise God for the fact that I live in a place that sees all 4 seasons. I love it when they change. I'm almost giddy getting out my jeans and all the shoes that have been tucked away all summer 'cause they look silly with shorts.

I think my kids will see it differently because even when I tell them it'll be 65 they ask if they can wear their tank tops! So maybe I'm the only one in my family who prefers this weather. That's okay. They can have their tank tops in the summer. I'll put up with it since swimming and going to the beach is fun, but I do look forward to 'my' seasons. I love spring and fall.

No comments: