Saturday, September 4, 2010

New Favorite Love Song

Again. The nice thing about being in love is you can really like the words to songs like this. Now, personally, I think whoever came up with the idea for the music video to this song is a dork. 'Cause it could have been so sweet, the words talk about staying together through everything, even when others said they wouldn't. And they TOTALLY RUINED IT with the video. Phew. Okay, I'm past it. For now.

I truly do love the words to this song, I feel like they speak for everyone who sticks out their marriage, to those of us who fall deeper and deeper in love with one person in a world that tells us it's okay to love many many of them. That and a 50% divorce rate has created this feeling like everyone will walk away from at least one marriage, and I love the thought of sticking it out even when everyone thought they wouldn't.


Stuck Like Glue
~Sugarland


Absolutely no one who knows me better
No one that can make me feel so good
How did we stay so long together
When everybody
Everybody said we never would
And just when I
I start to think they’re right
That love has died
There you go making my heart beat again
Heart beat again, heart beat again
There you go making me feel like a kid
Won’t you do it and do it one time
There you go pulling me right back in
Right back in, right back in
And I know I’m never letting this go
I’m stuck on you
Whoa-oh, whoa-oh
Stuck like glue
You and me baby
We’re stuck like glue
Whoa-oh, whoa-oh
Stuck like glue
You and me baby
We’re stuck like glue
Some days I don’t feel like trying
Some days you know I wanna just give up
When it doesn’t matter who’s right
Fight about it all night
Had enough
You give me that look
I’m sorry baby let’s make up
You do that thing that makes me laugh
And just like that
There you go making my heart beat again
Heart beat again, heart beat again
There you go making me feel like a kid
Won’t you do it and do it one time
There you go pulling me right back in
Right back in, right back in
And I know I’m never letting this go
I’m stuck on you
Whoa-oh, whoa-oh
Stuck like glue
You and me baby
We’re stuck like glue
Whoa-oh, whoa-oh
Stuck like glue
You and me baby
We’re stuck like glue
Whoa-oh, whoa-oh
You almost stay out
Too stuck together from the ATL
Whoa-oh, whoa-oh
Feeling kinda sick
Just a spoon full of sugar make it better real quick
I say, whoa-oh, whoa-oh
What’cha gonna do with that
Whoa-oh, whoa-oh
Come on over here with that
Sugar sticky sweet stuff
Come on give me that stuff
Everybody want some
Melodies that get stuck
Up in your head
Whoa-oh, whoa-oh
Up in your head
Whoa-oh, whoa-oh
Up in your head
Whoa-oh, whoa-oh
Up in your head
Whoa-oh, whoa-oh
Whoa-oh, whoa-oh
Stuck like glue
You and me together
Say it’s all I wanna do I said
There you go making my heart beat again
Heart beat again, heart beat again
There you go making me feel like a kid
Won’t you do it and do it one time
There you go pulling me right back in
Right back in, right back in
And I know
I’m never letting this go
There you go making my heart beat again
Heart beat again, heart beat again
There you go making me feel like a kid
Won’t you do it and do it one time
There you go pulling me right back in
Right back in, right back in
And I know
I’m never letting this go
I’m stuck on you
Whoa-oh, whoa-oh
Stuck like glue
You and me baby
We’re stuck like glue
Whoa-oh, whoa-oh
Stuck like glue
You and me baby
We’re stuck like glue
Whoa-oh, whoa-oh
Stuck like glue
You and me baby
We’re stuck like glue

Plus, it's an earworm. I hear it once and it's stuck in my head the rest of the day. Love it.


Edit: Earthworm?! Hahaha! Oops.

No comments: