Wednesday, September 8, 2010

I can't believe...

...That I just sent my 2nd baby off to Kindergarten.


















 I watched the bus pull away with a distinct sense of disbelief, even more so than when my oldest went.


















A waved enthusiastically at me through the bus window, which made me profoundly happy, as I was fearing tears.


















I know that Kindergarten will be good for her, she needs to learn to be independent of her sister. Her bus driver isn't letting S help her get to the bus she needs to switch to, and she'll spend the rest of the day by herself and it will be good for her, I know.



















But I miss her! And the feeling is surprising me! Makes me wonder how I'm going to handle C's heading there next year.

She has the same teacher S had and she's such a great teacher for challenging the kids and helping them step into independence. I feel like this teacher is really what helped S know that she could handle school. I can't wait to see A get stretched and really start learning.

Of course, with only one at home I'm readjusting to the schedule. I'm going to need to start coming up with some bigger projects for myself to do during the days. Mostly with C, of course, but I'm thinking I can get some big stuff done too. Painting the hall and bathroom are pretty high on my list...

More about how school's going after we settle in for a couple days!

No comments: