I hate PET scans. I HATE THEM. I get an IV and have to sit on my duff for an hour while radioactive sugar circulates through my system. Then I lay in a fricken tube for 30 minutes while my arms fall asleep and they give me dye that my body is getting more and more sick of, to the point of nearly throwing up the last time I had it. Add to this time the fact that the last results were questionable, and now I'm worried about this one.
So today I find myself on the verge of tears, stressed enough that I'm snapping and yelling at the very three reasons I have to pray for a clear scan. Thank goodness kids are resilient. I pray they make it through this day, too.
I don't want to go. I don't want the restricted diet, the fasting, the IV. I don't want to sit around freaking out for an hour, I don't want to lay in an uncomfortable position for far too long. I hate waiting for results. I dread what would happen if the results are undesirable.
I am a SURVIVOR, damn it. I want to get past all this CRAP. Please God, see me past all this crap.
1 comment:
Oh, sweetie. (((hugs)))
Love you,
Dorci
Post a Comment