Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Stress partially lifted

Wow, thank you so for all your prayers. The PET scan went as well as can be expected, as uncomfortable as it has to be. I realized today that part of the problem with it all is that medical procedures almost always involve being uncomfortable in some way. Fasting, incisions, needles, ugh. But I do, from the very bottom of my heart, appreciate all the doctors that have worked so hard to get me well, that's for sure.

My body did not try to get sick after the contrast this time. That was a major plus. And the time went fairly quickly, as my sister got to go with me! That was fun. Laughing my way through it makes the experience much more bearable.

At least, as my sister pointed out, I got to have snacks! :) I do love that the PET center does that for us. They have crackers and cookies and juices and such available after the scan is over, which is nice of them, that they think of that.

And I WILL try to have a better attitude about tests. I think God challenged that a bit today. I'm struggling with learning to give things to him; especially tests and results. Today it was a heavy weight, the fact that the results were questionable from the last time, plus the experience of a rough scan the last time too. But I'm working to give it to God and take on His yoke instead. So it feels lighter, plus the fact that the scan went well (I even dozed off for a minute or two).

Thanks again for joining me on this journey. Your support is amazing and humbling to me. Love you all.

No comments: