
Last year, C had a really, really difficult year. She came home on the very first day with names of children who had been mean. On the FIRST DAY. This year, we're to the 4th day and she hasn't had any reports of anyone being mean. Weird, yes. But no one has been mean. And we've been there for 4 days and I've received lengthy emails from the teacher explaining things from class or praising the kids on how well they did twice already. I have warm and fuzzy feelings that this year is going to go much better than last.

A has some kids in her class who were trouble last year, but she has glowing reports about how much she likes her teacher so I hope that she will have a better year than last year as well. Last year I found it amazing that A learned anything considering how disruptive some of the children in her class were. That makes me proud that she can work in a difficult environment, actually. She and C both made me very proud that they learned so much in such difficult classes last year. I'm hoping for a break for them both this year. Hopefully some of the trouble children have reigned it in a little over the summer.
A and C are in a brand-new school in our district. This building is just beautiful. The classrooms all have high ceilings, the playground is really cool (though I won't be playing on it as nearly everything spins), and you can just tell the teachers are excited to be there. The grounds are beautiful too. You know you're a parent when you call the school beautiful. But the kids agreed with me, so that's something.

S is in an advanced class at her school. The program didn't move anywhere so she is still at her old school. She doesn't much care for shuttling over there but she didn't have to last year so now she's got a taste of what over half her class had to do both years. She loves her teacher too, but she gets frustrated easily if she can't figure a bit of homework out. My hope for this year is that she learns new ways to tackle things if the first way doesn't work out. I already know she'll like her classmates and love her teacher, since she knew them well already last year.

So I know I said these would be about summer for a while, but I'm feeling proud of my kids and how they like school and get along with everyone they meet so this one is sneaking in there.
No comments:
Post a Comment