Sunday, September 9, 2012

Other Stuff

We went to the beach a couple times! We went with the neighbors one time, and I'm not sure I got my money's worth out of buying the State Park Tag for my truck, as that was the only time we used it. Oops. I'm going to have to work on that next year. My girls get along with their neighborhood friends brilliantly, and I love the women we live near. We get along famously with almost everyone. We went a couple times too at The Conference Grounds, where my Grandparents have been camping since they worked summers there in the 70's. The girls are turning into quite the water bugs. They love diving into the waves and playing in the sand. 



We spent a couple nights this summer staying up late. The first time Hubby's sister and her husband came and helped the girls catch fireflies. We have a fire pit in the backyard so we had a cookout both nights, with s'mores of course. The second time we did sparklers and the girls got to have glow bracelets. Hubby showed them some constellations. Eventually I want to get to the point where we're using that fire pit almost every weekend. I love sitting out there with them. 



Hubby's other sister lives in MN. She was home for a while this summer and my mother-in-law wanted to go to the zoo with all the grandkids. We love the local zoo. They have a budgie cage, and I think the birds are getting more used to people because they will land on you with almost no fear. I even saw one dive into a guy's pocket! One landed on my shoulder and I didn't even have a stick to feed them with. 

Most of the grandkids, minus 2 babies and 2 on the way. 


Our oldest nephew with my mother-in-law


We went to a nearby fair. They had a cute little puppet show and the main character did a 'meet and greet' at the end. A and C went up to give him a hug. We wandered through the horse barns because I'm raising horse lovers after my own heart. There was one horse who was very friendly, didn't mind all kinds of people petting it, so we got a picture with it.



S and C are having fun, I promise. I don't know what's up with the scowls. 



Those were some of the activities we got to do this summer. I've said it to many people this week who've asked if I stay at home (seems that question comes up a lot as kids go back to school). I am so blessed to spend my days with these beauties. We had a great summer.

No comments: