Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Geesh.

Well, I've tried this twice now. Third time's a charm right? I want to make this publish tomorrow, but the first time instead of editing the time it would show up I just hit publish. Then I tried to take it down but it won't let you just remove it from the page, you have to delete the whole thing. You'll notice that if you go to the site that post is gone all together, if you have an RSS feed or something. I wanted to repost it but messed up. I tried copy and paste but that just ticked me off and I deleted the whole thing. So here we go again. Pictures of more, non-dance things we did this summer. Again. Sorry. If this posts yet tonight, chalk it up to my allergies and just delete it.

Hopefully many more to come. I love looking back on my blog posts and I want to have them up! I don't have pics of them playing in their new blow-up kiddie pool, or of A as she uses her new-found biking and swimming skills, or anything! Sheesh.

First a gentleman who owns a reptile sanctuary in our state came to our library and all three girls got to hold a young alligator for a bit. That was pretty cool.

C thought it was pretty cool!

S apparently looked mature enough for the guy to take the rubber band off the alligator's mouth. I thought that was pretty neat that he did that for her. 

A would have held the alligator all day if I'd have let her. 
We've spent some time at the big lake. My grandparents camp there and it makes for an easy and free thing to do sometimes. I hope to go a couple more times as they'll be out there for the couple weeks leading up to labor day.



These three were a normal day on the lake. Nice waves and sunshine!
This one, the waves were eerily calm and it was cool and foggy. I can't remember the last time I saw the lake that way in the middle of the afternoon. In the lifejacket is my (yes, my) 3 year old cousin.
The girls have even been very helpful all summer. One Saturday we got up and they had done the dishes already. Then the same day they cleaned their room, the playroom, and helped me in the kitchen and the bathrooms. Amazing.

She's helping me clean the slider. I just love the look on her face and her hair swirling all around in the wind. 
So, those are what I have from the rest of the summer. I've got to start carrying my camera in my pocket...

No comments: