Monday, August 15, 2011

Christmas in...August?

I keep clicking that 'New Post' button, leaving the tab open all day, then getting to the end of the day, going, "I am far too tired to blog" and clicking the little x in the corner and going to bed. So today I'm going to work on it as I need breaks from a very, very long cleaning list. Wanna know why the list is so long? This is why:

Most of this year's Christmas present for me. Happy Mama!


I have a beautiful new desk in my living room. We have long been talking about moving our big TV downstairs and having that be the 'Living Room' and making our upstairs the 'Sitting Room.' So this week we just happened to wander into our local antique store and find this piece. As you may know about antique stores, if you like it and can afford it, snap it up, because once it's gone, it's gone. It solves a couple issues we wanted to address before we started the room transformation. It gives me a central place for the computer and bill paying.

It also allowed me to put a lot of things in the drawers and shuffle things in the kitchen to create more storage in there. We had been looking for a side board and a corner desk to solve the two problems. This piece solves both problems in one. Eventually we want to move our giant davenport couch downstairs and finish the living room down there. Then I can start shopping around for the eclectic chairs I want to fill the sitting room with. So, basically, I have my Christmas gift early (because of needing to snap it up before it was gone), and my hubby gave me the start of a long, ongoing process to make this house look exactly like we want it to look.

I suppose all of that doesn't explain my long cleaning list. I happen to be one of those people who once we get started on one project it tends to bleed all over the place and before I know it two or three rooms are entirely reorganized. So the kitchen and living room have been revamped quite a bit! That led to a very long cleaning list today.

There are a lot of reasons why I haven't been posting, mostly dance stuff with the girls. I'll post pictures and jabber about those soon! Hopefully tomorrow.

No comments: