It's 92 degrees here today! I waited pretty much as long as I could but I had to get a run in sometime. I really felt it last Saturday when I had only gotten in 2 short runs before the long one. So my goal this week is to do a better job of getting the runs in. I hope to run even tomorrow after a softball game.
I'm a bit surprised that I didn't get anyone stopping to see if I was okay! My face quickly gets red when I exercise, and alarmingly so when it's hot, I just don't handle the heat well. A half hour or more after I was done my kids were still commenting that my face was red!
I'm just not a hot weather runner. My body reacts so much better to the cold than to the heat. I feel like not enough oxygen gets processed through my lungs to my limbs! But I want to push through this summer. My mom wants to run a 1/2 marathon this fall, and as we didn't get to run the Riverbank together, I'd like to do this one with her. The problem will be training in this heat. I'm hoping for an overall cool summer, and to be able to work out a good time to go when I won't melt. We'll see!
No comments:
Post a Comment